ABN AMRO Bank N.V. and Fortis Bank (Nederland) N.V. were transferred today to the holding company ABN AMRO Group N.V. Both banks will operate as independent entities under this holding company until the legal merger has been effected, scheduled for the second half of 2010. As of today the Managing Boards and the Supervisory Boards of the holding and the two banks consist of the same members.
Gerrit Zalm, Chairman of the Managing Board:
'Today marks the start of a new period for the bank. We, the members of the Managing Board, will continue to focus our efforts on building a strong, solid bank that brings together the best of ABN AMRO and Fortis Bank Nederland, a bank where the customer is king.'
Hessel Lindenbergh, Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
'I am pleased with the diversity of backgrounds of the members of the Managing Board and Supervisory Board, each of whom brings to the new bank valuable knowledge and experience in a wide variety of disciplines. I am fully confident about the future of the new bank.'
The Managing Board is composed of the following members:
- Gerrit Zalm – Chairman
- Jan van Rutte – Vice Chairman and CFO
- Johan van Hall – Chief Operating Officer
- Caroline Princen – HR, Communication, Compliance, Legal & Sustainability
- Wietze Reehoorn – Risk Management (CRO) & Strategy
- Chris Vogelzang – Retail & Private Banking
- Joop Wijn – Commercial & Merchant Banking
The Supervisory Board is composed of the following members:
- Hessel Lindenbergh (Chairman) – Former member of Executive Board of ING Group
- Hans de Haan – Former partner at Ernst & Young
- Steven ten Have – Professor of Strategy and Change at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and partner at Ten Have Change Management
- Bert Meerstadt – CEO of Nederlandse Spoorwegen
- Marjan Oudeman – Executive Director of Corus Strip Products Division
- Annemieke Roobeek – Professor of Strategy and Transformation Management at Business Universiteit Nyenrode and Director of MeetingMoreMinds
- Peter Wakkie – Lawyer
For more information, please contact: