Gerrit Zalm, Vice Chairman of the Managing Board of ABN AMRO, has announced who will be appointed to the Transition Team to lead the planning for the future combined bank. The members of this team are also intended to form the Managing Board of the new bank, which will be chaired by Gerrit Zalm.
The members of the Transition Team are:
- Gerrit Zalm, Chairman
- Jan van Rutte, Vice-chairman and Chief Finance Officer
- Caroline Princen Integration, Communication and Compliance
- Wietze Reehoorn, Risk Management and Strategy
- Joop Wijn, Commercial and Merchant Banking
- Chris Vogelzang, Retail and Private Banking
- Johan van Hall Operations, Property and IT
Company Secretary: Gwendolyn van Tunen
Gerrit Zalm commented, "I'm pleased to present this team. In putting the team together I have sought to achieve a mix of people from within the two banks, as well as some people from outside. We will begin by focusing on the strategy and organisation structure of the new bank. We will also make plans for a compelling brand and a culture where employees and customers feel at home. It will take some two months to complete these plans."
Note for editor:
Press contacts: 00-31-(0)20 – 628 8900