A large part of the world’s population works in the manufacturing (PDF 116 KB) industry. ABN AMRO recognises that globalisation and increasing international competition may cause pressure on labour standards and labour rights. We expect our clients to care for the safety, health and wellbeing of all employees, including day labourers and migrant workers, and to respect human and indigenous rights.
Besides, we expect clients to assume responsibility for their production chain and comply with international labour standards, in particular regarding:
- the use of child labour or forced labour
- a healthy and safe working environment
- fair pay and conditions
- the right to freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- an anti-discrimination policy in place
- exclusion of unacceptable practices such as bribery and corruption