A brief outline of the advantages of having a non-resident account in the Netherlands:
- The Dutch local payment system is one of the most effective in the world.You can use this system to reduce costs and increase the speed and efficiency of payments in the Netherlands.
- You improve your competitive position in the Netherlands.
- Your payment transactions with the Netherlands are executed quickly and cheaply.
- You can have current accounts in any convertible currency.
- You can use our electronic banking and cash management facilities. No commission is charged for currency conversion.
Products and facilities
We can offer you the following main products and facilities:
- Collection and payment services
- Electronic banking
- Foreign currency exchange
- Fixed term deposits
- Debit and credit cards
- Documentary credit (L/C)
Frequently asked questions
How can I make payments from my account (s) with ABN AMRO?
We have a range of electronic banking connections: quick, safe and economical. Cheques and letters of exchanges are expensive and are rarely used in the Netherlands. Most payments are done electronically or via transfer forms.
How can I open a corporate non-resident account?
Please contact us by phone or send us an e-mail.
What are the costs of a corporate non-resident account?
This depends on the type of account most suited to your company's needs.
What is the SWIFT code of ABN AMRO in Amsterdam?
Our SWIFT code is: ABNANL2A
What is the minimum deposit to open an account?
We advise you to keep a minimum balance on the account of approximately EUR 2,500.
What is the interest rate on a corporate current account?
We have a wide range of products that yield competitive interest rates.
There are a number of conditions which have to be met before your company can open a corporate non-resident account in the Netherlands.
First step in the application procedure is to contact us for a Corporates Non-Resident Account Information Form.
We also offer non-resident accounts for private individuals.