A brief outline of the advantages of having a non-resident account in the Netherlands:
- Your account manager is your personal advisor, ready to be of service.
- ABN AMRO is a reliable bank with an international reputation and the Netherlands is politically and economically stable.
- ABN AMRO protects your interests with absolute discretion.
- Your capital gains are not taxed by the Dutch tax authorities.
- There is no withholding tax on the interest paid to you on credit balances, Dutch bonds, term deposits or Euro bonds.
- With ABN AMRO you can invest at the highest level.
- You can arrange a wide range of bank transactions electronically from your own home without any restrictions.
- You may transfer amounts in euros and other currencies to and from the Netherlands.
- You may hold interest-bearing accounts in various currencies.
- You can use the ABN AMRO Credit Card to make payments (worldwide).
Products and facilities
We can offer you the following main products and facilities:
- Current accounts in any convertible currency
- Savings accounts in euros
- Fixed-term deposits in all major currencies
- Electronic Banking
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I open a private non-residents account with ABN AMRO?
Contact us first by e-mail to check the procedure for opening an account
How much does it cost to open an account with ABN AMRO?
We will send you a competitive offer, quoting exact rates upon receipt of your e-mail.
What are the costs with regard to cheques and foreign transfers?
Cheques are hardly ever used in the Netherlands and are therefore expensive. The cheapest and most efficient way of making a foreign transfer is via our Electronic Banking system.
What is the SWIFT code of ABN AMRO in Amsterdam?
Our SWIFT-code is: ABNANL2A.
Is there a special desk for non-residents?
Yes. Once your application is accepted, the Non-Residents Department will tell you who your personal advisor is.
The minimum investment for our private non-residents account in the Netherlands is EUR 10,000 or equivalent. In order to open an account, you will be required under Dutch law to appear in person in the Netherlands, bringing a valid passport and a copy of your local Bank statement concerning the verification of your address.
If you are unable to do so, another ABN AMRO branch could help you by the legalization of your passport. A letter with your requests, communication numbers and your address details must be sent directly by the relevant ABN AMRO branch to us, along with a copy of your passport and a copy of your local bank statement authenticated by them. On receipt of this letter we will send you the necessary documents to sign.
We also offer non-resident accounts for companies.